We are filling the community of downtown Tubac and select areas with Javelina sculptures painted by area artists! This is a community art project inspired by cities like Chicago, Santa Fe, and St. Joseph. The Javelinas will be on display from October 26, 2019, through the Spring of 2020.
The largest herd will be hanging out in Tubac, about a half dozen will be checking baggage and getting their pictures taken at the Tucson International Airport, and we even have a couple checking out the sites in Green Valley. http://thejavelinaproject.org/
October 26 (Saturday) 8:00 am - April 1 (Wednesday) 5:00 pm
Community Food and Entertainment Fundraising Event to build a new Amado Youth Center to replace the one destroyed by a flood in
Community Food and Entertainment Fundraising Event to build a new Amado Youth Center to replace the one destroyed by a flood in September 2018.
FREE ADMISSION. Bottomless Chili Tasting Cups for $5 each. Parking: $3 or 3 cans of food for the Community Food Bank. 9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Saturday, November 16, 2019.
– Over 25 Vendors for Food, Crafts (including holiday gifts!), Community Service and Travel/Tourism organizations.
– Chili Tasting Competition begins 10:30 am.
– Car Show: Over 80 vintage and modified cars, trucks, motorcycles and trikes. Judging begins at 10:00 a.m.
– Stage Presentations & Musical Entertainment begin at 9:30 a.m. Featured performers are “Bountiful,” “Hard Scrabble Road,” and “Tonight’s Sunshine.”
– 50-50 Cash Raffle by the Amado Youth Alliance
– INFORMATION: 520-403-0414 / email@example.com. VISIT: www.amadochilicookoff.org FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/AmadoChiliCookOff/
America in Stone and Steel is a multimedia presentation that focuses on monuments and memorials around the world and investigates their current meaning - often in contrast with their original
America in Stone and Steel is a multimedia presentation that focuses on monuments and memorials around the world and investigates their current meaning – often in contrast with their original intent. They are examined both as important works of public art, as well as strong cultural statements. Behind the scenes stories illuminate such icons as the statue of Liberty, the Lincoln Memorial and the pyramids of Egypt.
Pre-registration is not required. Free for TCA members. $8 suggested donation for guests.